People who tell me they are an atheist or agnostic or whatever and celebrate Christian holidays.
I live my life as a devout Christian, but would it be okay for me to celebrate Ramadan? No, it wouldn’t. Why? Because I am not Muslim.
I don’t give a rat’s ass if Christmas has become…
Christmas doesn’t bother me so much as Easter. Really? You’re celebrating the fact that Jesus rose from the dead with a bunny and some eggs? You don’t even have the prospect of santa and reindeer rewarding good children with presents, and a time for family to be together. It’s just an excuse for people to eat a bunch of chocolate and practice their egg hunting.
Ginny: “What are you doing here?” Molly: “I came here with the Order of the Phoenix. Lupin, Tonks, Mad-Eye Moody, Sirius Black, oh and your brother, Fred.” Ron: “Well great, where are they?” Molly: “They’re all dead.”
Things are really looking up for you. You’ve got a steady job at the Ministry, a wife and two children (with a third on the way, you sly dog!), and are surrounded by friends and family. Oh yeah, and you defeated Voldemort thirteen years ago. That was a “biggie,” I guess.
Don’t spend all your galleons in one place!
PS: Can you put in a good word at Hogwarts for me? I’m still waiting for my letter.
I am apparantly not as over the 10th Doctor’s regeneration as I thought I was. I just listened to Vale Decem from the Doctor Who Proms and started crying again. The only other score that has ever made me feel this emotional is Trinity Definitely from The Matrix: Revolutions. Once the Trinity/Neo love theme starts playing on the trumpet, sounding like Taps…I lose it every time.
But Vale Decem is just beautiful. I absolutely love the hauntingly stunning vocal part. And when the Doctor’s theme kicks in at the climax, once he actually starts regenerating in the episode. It’s so sad.
I thought I had gotten past obsessively crying over the loss of the 10th Doctor. I watched and loved Season 5 and Matt Smith, and did everything that I as a good fangirl was supposed to do. So why does one song reduce me to the same sadness I felt throughout Toy Story 3 (which, to date, is the only movie I have cried so hard in that I was shaking with the sheer intensity of not outright sobbing and embarrassing myself.)?
And also, why am I talking about this when none of my friends watch Doctor Who, or even the Matrix for that matter? Because I know you guys appreciate music, and will probably appreciate this, too. Even if you don’t watch the show.
I’m not sure if I’ve done anything to be proud of over the past few days. I can’t even say I didn’t jam the copier at work, since I did that majorly today.
I guess I can be proud that I nutted up instead of shutting up about getting the industrial piercing. I almost wussied out. But now I’m just dealing with the constant fear that my ear is going to fall off or I am going to have some horrible, disfiguring scar for the rest of my life.
I’m going back here someday. I would love to live there. Right next to that guy and his shopping cart.
Can I count Doctor Who as my favorite superhero? If not, I guess I’ll have to go with Spiderman. I like that his power isn’t like…automatically going to make him come out on top of every situation. And it would be cool to swing from building to building.
It sounds really lame to say it, but Harry Potter had a huge impact on me as a kid. Even now. Harry Potter was the reason I started writing in the first place, because I wanted to not only explore the world on my own, but I also wanted to create something as beautiful as JK Rowling one day.
My short term goals:
1. Find the money to make my dorm payment 2. Don’t fuck up college 3. Read Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix 4. Record a sweet acoustic cover of Poker Face
I have a really bad habit of cracking my wrists, mainly the area where my thumb connects to my wrist. It’s really annoying, makes like ten popping sounds, and hurts if I do it too much. But once I start it’s like my wrist doesn’t feel “right” so I have to keep cracking until I “fix” it.
"I know that we are young, and I know that you may love me, but we just can’t be like this anymore, Alejandro.” -Lady Gaga, “Alejandro”
Alejandro isn’t my favorite Gaga song, but I really love the opening line. Also, I think that it describes one of my insecurities fairly accurately. When I’m around people who aren’t my friends, I’m never quite sure if they’re showing genuine interest, or if they’re just waiting until I walk away or let them start talking.
So I don’t think I’m going to get an industrial piercing any more. For one, there are all of these horror stories about the piercing rejecting and your ear cartiledge collapsing if you don’t have the right ear shape, and I’ve managed to convince myself that I have the wrong ear shape. But secondly, and most importantly, it doesn’t fall under the “20 dollar basic Tuesday” rate at Cast Iron Tattoos. And I’m a poor college student.
So what should I get? Anything above the waist with a ring. I dont want nose, lips, or eyebrows, which leaves ears. What type of ear piercing do you think I should get?
Me at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, upset that CJ stopped my butterbeer consumption to snap a photo.
1. I have crippling shyness around people I don’t know or situations where I am uncomfortable. I freak out when I just have to do something simple, like call and order a pizza. I never initiate contact with people because I am afraid of their reactions.
2. I hate when people talk about me behind my back, but I am forever laughing at somebody else’s expense.
3. I’m extremely self-conscious and I psychoanalyze all of my day’s conversations and interactions before I go to sleep at night, hoping that I didn’t lose a friend or turn somebody away from me throughout the day.
4. I always have to type out full words and sentences when I send text messages.
5. I am still convinced that my stuffed animals come to life while I am away/asleep, a la Toy Story.
6. I rarely let on when something genuinely makes me sad or upset. My rage is absolutely furious if you do something that legitimately pisses me off. Likewise, I carry sad thoughts for quite a long time.
7. If I ran into a genie that granted me 3 wishes, I would wish that I had the ability to turn into animals and be able to talk to them, that I was super skinny, and that I had a personal genie that would follow me around and grant my wishes all the time. This has not changed since I was like six years old.
8. I’m absolutely terrified of outdoor stairs.
9. I sing loudly in the shower, regardless of who else is in the house.
10. I’m surprisingly flexible and quick for a chubby white girl.
when cleaning out my bookshelf. It’s dated March 7th, 2008. I’m posting it unedited, grammar mistakes included. I’m not sure who/what I’m talking about or what this is, but I like the idea behind it. Perhaps one day I’ll rewrite it, but I kind of like the raw, 10th grade feel of it.
"The glass of water in my hand is cool to the touch, smooth too, as though it had always been an enjoyable object to touch. Beads of sweat, water vapor, roll down the glass like tiny snowballs becoming avalanches to land coolly on the back of my hand. My other hand is resting on the table, drumming a percussionist’s dream with my fingernails. It is a hollow, ringing sound. My legs are jittery, restless underneath the table, anxious at best as if the anticipation rattled through every single, solitary fiber of my being. The worn leather sandles pressed against my feet tap quietly on the floor, though it sounds loud to me as I hear nothing else but the buzz of the ceiling fan and the tapping of my feet. My breathing is slow and steady through my skin quivers with excitement, a constant pattern of inhale and exhale, like yin and yang. I raise the glass to my lips, keeping my eyes above the rim as I look at the door, waiting to hear the creak of it swinging open as I physically watch it with my eyes. The glass sets down in the ring of water it has left on the table, and when my heads looks back up, I see the knob on the door twist, and my heartbeat becomes so loud that it rings in my head and drowns out all other sound. I rise from my chair, the legs squeaking against the floor. The door opens, and I smile nervously, fingering my hair behind my ears. My own personal hallelujah as arrived, and I feel redeemed."
Tonight, I rediscovered Ava and I's greatest creation.
I found a copy of the “Dueling Gandalfs” tattoo we made in Mrs. Patz’s class in the 10th grade! It’s not the original, but it is a pretty early copy. It displays the stick figures of Gandalf and “Dark Gandalf” fighting, their beards entwining on the floor spelling out words like “enigma” and “courage.” Behind them is a semi-invisible Frodo, though I know it’s not the original because it’s missing the “One Ring To Rule Them All” text that is supposed to be swirling over top of them.
Also I discovered two Ava Original (tm) sketches: One is a pirate ship with the flower from Super Mario wielding a knife that says “wisdom”, with a kraken/octopus attacking from below; the other is a cat hanging on to a bolt of lightening via a Quidditch post, with the caption “Hang In There.”
After spending five days with children at Vacation Bible School, I have come to loathe parents who don’t actually parent their kids. The next generation is full of whiny, self-centered brats who never get punished when they do something wrong and always seem to get on everyone else’s nerves.
Seriously. I don’t even want to think what would have happened to me if I ever threw tantrums and yelled and treated adults the way some of these kids do. And the parents don’t do anything and just continue to talk and block the hallways as their children run around screaming and hitting each other.
01. If you went to Hogwarts, which house would you be sorted in?
Ravenclaw. “Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure.” It’s the only one that fits.
02. Have you ever been to a Harry Potter midnight release? I went to the Deathly Hallows book midnight release. It was absolute INSANITY.
03. What did you think of Deathly Hallows? Really good. It definitely wrapped everything up without being like OH LOOK A LOOSE END (here’s lookin’ at you, Meyer).
04. How many times have you reread the books?
Oh gosh. At least ten times each, with the exception of Deathly Hallows. I’ve only read it once.
05. Whose death was the saddest? Remus and Tonks. I cried, and I am a tough man with my emotions.
06. If you went to Hogwarts, would you rather have a pet owl, cat, or rat? Owl. From what I can see, they’re the most useful. And pretty.
07. What did you think of the movie Half-Blood Prince? I enjoyed it. The only weird thing is the random attack on the Burrow. Where the hell did that come from?
08. What do you think about Deathly Hallows being split in half? Lovin’ it. Anything that prolongs my eventual “No more new Potter” nervous breakdown.
09. Have you read The Tales of Beedle the Bard? I own it, bitch.
10. When did you first become a Harry Potter fan? I started reading them before Goblet of Fire came out. So…whatever age that was. 3rd grade, maybe?
Female Character? Nymphadora Tonks
Male Character? Remus Lupin Professor? Remus Lupin again. Oh fine, McGonagall Death Eater? Bellatrix Magical Creature? Thestrals
Spell? Accio. I would use it all. the. time. Quote? "IT does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live."
Book? Order of the Phoenix Movie? Prisoner of Azkaban Hogwarts House? Ravenclaw Place? Hogsmeade Weasley? Fred/George Couple? Lupin/Tonks
This or That Gryffindor or Slytherin?Gryffindor Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff? Ravenclaw Fred or George? Fred Ginny or Luna? Luna Butterbeer or Firewhiskey?Butterbeer, if only because I’ve tasted it. Hogsmeade or Diagon Ally? Hogsmeade Books or Movies? Books.. Half-Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows? Deathly Hallows. Sorcerer’s Stone or Chamber of Secrets? Sorceror’s Stone Snape or Slughorn? Snape Lupin or Sirius? LUPIN <3 <3 <3 Harry/Ginny or Harry/Hermione? HarryXGinny Lavender Brown or Parvati Patil? Parvati Seamus Finnigan or Dean Thomas? DEAN <3 Kreacher or Dobby? Kreacher Muggleborn or Pureblood? Muggleborn. Dan Radcliffe or Rupert Grint? Dan, although not in Equus. Bellatrix Lestrange or Narcissa Malfoy? Bellatrix Voldemort or Tom Riddle?Voldemort Hedwig or Crookshanks?Hedwig!